Wednesday, February 18, 2009

And the winner is......



# 1 Porcupine Rim - Moab, Utah

We've drawn this out as long as we possibly could, but it's time to put a bullet in the head of this little countdown.
The newest issue of Bike Mag rates North America's Best Trails - 11 trails and 22 runners up that represent the best mountain biking on the planet. Porcupine Rim won the # 1 spot for "best descent." All I can say is, "I concur."
If I go back to Moab, I'll try to ride some of the other trails in the area, but Porcupine will be a must ride every time.

Mark was actually a featured photographer in this issue.

Now we must move on. The list served its purpose, it got us through the dark days of winter. With spring around the corner, Team Goathead is fervently making plans for the next epic excursion. We are leaning toward the Salida or Crested Butte area. I hope to cross a few more trails off of my list. The top two right now would be the Monarch Crest trail and the 401. I also want to ride Zippity-do-da in Fruita at some point, but that may have to wait.
Are there any other trails that every mountain bike should experience?

1 comment:

RD said...

monarch and rainbow trails are pretty sweet. Bring some o2 with you though