Sunday, June 24, 2007

The right equipment does matter

J.C. is on a one man mission to introduce everybody in Omaha to the sport of mountain biking. He won't let trivial things, like the fact that they don't own a mountain bike, stop him........Through the help of a log at Manawa, we found out that the Bianchi Boardwalk is meant to stay on the Boardwalk....See picture (bent fork)



Shane is now in the market for a new fork. He likes to ride on paved paths but would also like to continue riding on dirt. Can anyone suggest a fork he should be looking into?

In other news, stay tuned to MTBGoatheads for an announcement coming in the next week. Trust me, big things are in the works. It's definitely something you're going to want to clear your calendar for. In the mean time, while you sit around waiting with baited breath, (does anyone really know what that means?) here's something for you to check out: Omaha Street School. I'll explain why later, but it has something to do with our earth shattering announcement.

5 comments:

Angrybutcher said...

I wouldn't call it a log. I'll admit, I hit a TREE! As lumpy said, I'm looking for a new fork ASAP. I want a rigid fork, preferably a 29" MTB "rated" one. The bike will most likely be sold within 9 months to a year and a MTB will be purchased within the next 3-4 months and a true road bike next spring.

Mark Savery said...

I don't know if they are available aftermarket but the Manitou South or Rock Shox Metro would be something to look at.

Similar forks come on the Gary Fisher dual sport bikes.

Angrybutcher said...

So in looking for forks, how much of a difference does rake make? My current fork has (had) 53mm of rake. Most of the replacement parts are 43 or 45mm. Will that bring the tire closer to the frame or what? I want clearance for my feet when peddling.

dale said...

Did you check the frame for cracks? Is it worth putting more money into? Maybe the bike co-op has a fork that would work?

Angrybutcher said...

I have not looked for cracks yet. I need to wash off the bike and do some searching. I have someone at Bike Masters contacting Bianchi for me for an OEM fork. I'm worried about the rake difference of most aftermarket forks causing the wheel to hit my foot.